Numeracy by Measure is a free professional development resource to build practitioner awareness of workplace measurement skills to better meet the skills needs of adults in the workplace including:
- understanding measurement in the workplace context
- understanding measurement skills areas
- building workplace measurement skills
- unpacking measurement skills using the Australian Core Skills Framework.
This resource has been developed in response to the NCVER report Seeking the N in LLN. This report found that there may be a need to increase the capacity of the VET workforce to meet the numeracy skills needs of existing workers.
Numeracy by Measure includes:
- a Numeracy by Measureguide with professional development activities
- ‘snapshots’ that unpack the measurement skills in authentic job tasks including bicycle fitting, cabinet fitting, health monitoring, show fitting, smallgoods packing and tyre wall markings.