The Victorian Adult Literacy and Basic Education Council (VALBEC) is calling for papers for their 2013 conference Literacies in a diverse world on May 13 in Melbourne.
Contributions are welcome from practitioners and researchers to share teaching and learning practices, innovative projects, challenging ideas and creative strategies that represent and reflect a range of literacies and numeracies that may include:
- Digital technologies
- Workplace / workforce
- Cultural issues/practices in education
- Health and wellbeing
- Civics and politics
- Sustainability in the home, workplace and environment.
Workshops/Presentations are 60 or 90 minutes duration, can include research or project papers, interactive practical workshops and panel discussions and should:
- Be interactive and ‘hands on’
- Demonstrate effective practice with ‘take-aways’
- Exemplify adult learning principles
- Display innovation and flexibility in practice/research
- Stimulate thought and discussion on relevant issues, theory and practice
- Critique changes in state and federal government policies and priorities.
The proposal form can be completed here.
Proposals to be submitted by COB February 20, 2013. Presenters will be notified by March 15, 2013 of their inclusion in the Conference program.
For further information contact Don MacDowall, Conference Organiser, at email@example.com