Details of the seven NCVER research grants awarded in July 2014 to investigate current issues in the vocational education and training sector are now available.
Funding has been awarded to:
- Shedding light: private RTOs training for young early school leavers – Lead researcher: Dr George Myconos, Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Consistency with flexibility in the Australian national training system – Lead researcher: Dr Kaye Bowman, Kaye Bowman Consulting
- Employer-supported training: prevalence, enablers and barriers – Lead researcher: Dr Chandra Shah, Centre for the Economics of Education and Training, Monash University
- Employer training in a changed environment – Lead researcher: Professor Erica Smith, Federation University Australia
- Skills transfer, re-skilling and training of older workers in response to restructuring – Lead researcher: Professor Victor Callan, Callan Consulting Group
- Cross-occupational skill transferability: challenges and opportunities in a changing environment – Dr Darryn Snell, RMIT University
- The effects of the Victorian training guarantee on up-skilling later in life – Lead researcher: Dr Justin van de Ven, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research.