Understanding a learner’s needs, including LLN skill development needs and providing appropriate support are important to student success. Ensuring that the learner is enrolled in an appropriate course and has the ability to complete the course is vital to the student success. LLN support needs are usually associated with a diversity of other learning difficulties that the learner may face. It is important to understand what these are.
Both state and national RTO regulators and state RTO funding regulators have specific compliance requirements to ensure that the learner is adequately protected and that quality training and assessment services are provided. An understanding of these requirements and how the compliance requirements can be met are essential to setting up students for success and meeting compliance requirements.
- Effective workplace learning within a compliance framework – tips for compliance.
- Factors that influence a learner’s successful completion of a course.
- Compliance requirements of both RTO regulators and state funding authorities in ensuring a learner’s rights are protected and how these can be maintained.
- The learner success/failure – implications for the RTO and workplace trainers/assessors.
- Factors that influence a learner’s success or failure.
- Reviewing a student’s learning experience.
- The student learning cycle – from whoa to go.
Professional development outcomes
- Understanding how learners are inadvertently set up for failure rather than success.
- Understanding of compliance requirements to ensure that students succeed.
- Strategies to ensure that learners are enrolled in an appropriate course, learner academic needs are identified and appropriate support is provided.
- Reflection on a students’ effective learning cycle.
- New and experienced VET trainers and LLN specialists
- Training managers
- Resource developers