VETnetwork Australia is running a series of professional learning events in March 2015. Titled A Focus on VET Literacy and Numeracy, these events aim to develop a better understanding of language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) for VET teachers and trainers.
These dynamic events will feature keynote presentations from David Tout, Senior Research Fellow and Manager, Vocational Adult and Workplace Education, Australian Council for Education Research (ACER) and Ros Bauer, winner of the Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award at the 2013 Australian Training Awards.
Content will focus on:
- why addressing literacy and numeracy (L&N) is essential
- developing an awareness of the role L&N skills and their impact on participation and outcomes in VET
- engaging disengaged learners and communities, including remote communities
- tricks of the trade: teaching and assessing VET whilst remembering the L&N story
- hints and tips about teaching L&N.
The locations and dates are:
- Perth – 11 March 2015
- Adelaide – 12 March 2015
- Melbourne – 13 March 2015.
For more information, including details on how to register, please visit VETnetwork’s website.