IBSA is partnering with Velg Training, to present national professional development workshops specifically designed for LLN specialists and VET Trainers/Assessors conducting Competency-based Assessment (CBA).
This interactive workshop is limited to two attendees per organisation, per location and has been developed for VET Practitioners. Participants will learn how to best utilise the Foundation Skills resources in delivering more effective vocational competence and improved learner outcomes.
The workshop will cover:
- what are Foundation Skills and why are they important for VET practitioners;
- what is the Foundation Skills Training Package, and how is it used;
- how to identify Foundation Skills within a unit of competency, and develop learning and assessment material to achieve the vocational competency expected;
- how to achieve student outcomes with the Foundation Skills Training Package;
- how VET practitioners can learn the language of Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) and support each other in the classroom;
- gaining and understanding of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF); and
- information of the range of resources supporting Foundation Skills.
These full-day sessions will be offered across Australia between May and June 2014, visiting Hobart, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin. As these workshops are funded through the Commonwealth, the cost of this full-day workshop has been significantly reduced.
For more information and to register, click here.