The Australian Workplace Practitioners’ Network (AWPN) invites you to attend the 2015 AWPN National Conference to be held at the Jasper Hotel in Melbourne. The theme for the conference is Refresh Rebrand Re-engage: Foundation Skills at Work.
The conference will focus on how policy makers, VET professionals and industry can work together to build the highly skilled and innovative workforce needed to compete in global markets. What are the new Australian Government policies and programs and how do they work? How can we work together to ensure industry has the skilled and productive workforce it needs? How can we best support an industry-led, sophisticated and flexible VET system?
Topics for the 2015 conference include:
- New Australian Government policies and programs
- Foundation skills strengthening – creative approaches to addressing the foundation skills needs of existing workers
- Employer perspectives on workforce development and foundation skills strengthening
- Researching foundation skills policy and practice
- Models for developing practitioner skills and knowledge
- Professional opportunities and challenges of practitioners.
Who should attend?
Foundation skills strengthening is a shared responsibility, whether you are an experienced LLN specialist, a recently qualified vocational trainer or a workplace supervisor.
Newcomers to the field will gain much from the event. All interested parties are welcome, including:
- New and experienced LLN specialists
- New and experienced vocational trainers and assessors
- Training managers
- Resource developers
- Employers and employer groups
- Industry Skills Councils
- Industry peak bodies
- Policy makers
For further information and registration, please visit the conference website