Building Strong Foundations is a support resource for the FSK Foundation Skills Training Package that has been developed by Innovation and Business Skills Australia (IBSA) with funding from the Australian Government through the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education.
The FSK Foundation Skills Training Package is a new concept in vocational education and training (VET). Effective implementation presents new opportunities for the VET system to address foundation skills.
Building Strong Foundations provides:
- Implementation guidance for users of the FSK Foundation Skills Training Package
- Tips and advice to help vocational trainers and assessors build their capability to address foundation skills within their practice, including examples and templates based on units from the BSB07 Business Services Training Package
- A series of short videos with explanations and advice from foundation skills specialists
- Advice for foundation skills specialists and vocational specialists on working collaboratively to improve outcomes for learners
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Links to related resources.