Expressions of interest are sought from presenters for the afternoon workshop sessions. The workshops will vary in length 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour and 1.5 hours.
Workshops will focus on practical ‘hands-on’ activities that engage and support WELL practitioners.
The following themes have been suggested through evaluation of the 2011 Conference:
- Numeracy – creative approaches to addressing the numeracy needs of employees and trainers
- Employer perspectives on LLN training, workforce development and the WELL Program
- Starting out with WELL – introduction to the WELL Program for new practitioners
- Effective strategies for implementing WELL projects in rural and regional areas
- Linkages between current research and the activities of the WELL Program
- How prevailing policy directions and initiatives interact with the WELL Program at a State and National level
- Running effective WELL training in small to medium enterprises or for small number of employees
Workshops are to be interactive with minimum use of PowerPoint. The session description should accurately describe the content of the session and should not be changed without submitting a modified description, two weeks prior to the Conference. Please complete the Call for presenters form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 12th October, 2012.